Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions (Terms of Service)
1. Acceptance of Terms of Service. By using Shareholder Alerts Sites and Services, you are indicating your acceptance of our Terms of Services, and your use of this web site and the information contained within (the “Content”) is subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Terms of Service agreement. Your right to use this web site and the Content is also subject to the terms and conditions of your written content license agreement, if any, with Shareholder Alerts. Each time you access and/or use sites or services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and any additional terms that will apply prospectively to you. You agree to accept notice of posting the new terms via our site on which you accessed these terms.
2. No Investment Advice. Neither Shareholder Alerts nor its staff recommend that you buy, sell, or hold any security. We do not offer investment advice, personalized or otherwise. Shareholder Alerts recommends that you conduct your own due diligence and consult a certified financial professional for personalized advice about your financial situation.
3. Copyright and Limitations on Use. You acknowledge that all proprietary rights in this web site and Content are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Shareholder Alerts and/or its licensors and independent third party information and content providers, and that you have no right or interest in this web site or the Content other than the right to access this web site and to use the Content in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in this license. You agree not to infringe or violate the copyrights of Shareholder Alerts or other proprietary rights herein.
Only one individual may access this web site using the username or password that has been provided to you. Shareholder Alerts reserves the right to terminate an ID or IDs at any time based on violations of the Terms of Service. You may not use any automated computer program to access or retrieve Content from this website. In addition, you may not copy, redistribute, disclose, forward (by e-mail or otherwise), furnish or sell any of the Content or your password/username to any third party. All rights not granted hereunder are expressly reserved to Shareholder Alerts and its licensors and information and content providers.
4. Third Party Websites, Services, and Software. The web site may link to, or promote, web sites or services from other companies. You agree that Shareholder Alerts is not responsible for, and does not control, those websites and services.
5. Compliance with Applicable Law. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the use of this web site.
6. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimers of Warranty. Shareholder Alerts is not a registered broker-dealer or a registered investment adviser. You understand that this web site and Content is furnished for your personal, noncommercial, informational purposes only, and that no mention of a particular security in this web site and Content constitutes a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, or that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction or investment strategy is suitable for any specific person. You further understand that Shareholder Alerts and Shareholder Alerts services will not advise you personally concerning the nature, potential, value or suitability of any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment strategy or other matter. Information regarding trading and investment as provided by Shareholder Alerts professional is impersonal and not tailored to the investment needs of any specific person. You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own financial decisions.
7. Accuracy of Information. Neither Shareholder Alerts nor our affiliates warrant that this web site and Content are accurate, reliable or correct; that this web site and Content will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors in this web site or Content will be corrected; or that this web site or Content are free of viruses or other harmful components. THIS WEB SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND SHAREHOLDER ALERTS MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. Disclaimer. USE OF THIS WEB SITE SHAREHOLDER ALERTS CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. SHAREHOLDER ALERTS AND ITS AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE SHAREHOLDER ALERTS FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES, WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE SHAREHOLDER ALERTS PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE SHAREHOLDER ALERTS PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. Additional Disclaimer. Shareholder Alerts regularly reports stories that may impact the securities markets. It is our company policy that no member of our news team may hold an interest in any of the companies mentioned in these reports and that they must otherwise comply with any applicable regulations.
By subscribing to Shareholder Alerts’s newsletter you agree to receive emails from us. The aim of our newsletter service is to keep our customers and visitors updated about new software releases or new service offerings. The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory.
The frequency of the newsletter issues will be at most daily, unless serious security concerns about one of our software programs will force us to do otherwise.
11. Membership Rules and Guidelines
Certain of the Service’s offerings will be member based services. If you decide to use member based services you will be required to register. With respect to any such registration, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name (or email address) or screen name that is already being used by someone else; that may be construed as impersonating another person; that belongs to another person; that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; that is offensive; or that we reject for any other reason in our sole discretion.
Should SHAREHOLDER ALERTS provide to you a password, or should you select a password, that allows you to access certain parts of the Service, you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and your account information, and will be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree that you will immediately notify SHAREHOLDER ALERTS of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security, and that you will log off the Service at the end of each session to prevent fraud on your account by third parties.
(c) Rules for Use of the Service
(1) Conduct Required for Use of the Service
By uploading files, inputting data, submitting content (including without limitation, comments to blogs) or engaging in any other form of communication (a “Communication”) through the Service you are granting SHAREHOLDER ALERTS a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to (i) use, copy, sublicense (through multiple tiers), adapt, edit, modify, translate, reformat, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, display, reproduce or create derivative works from any such Communication in any form of media or technology now known or later developed or invented, and (ii) sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to such Communication. No Communication shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of SHAREHOLDER ALERTS. For each Communication, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the license granted in this section, and that such Communication, and your provision thereof to and through the Service, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Communication that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
(4) Content on the Service
Communications posted through the Service may be provided by users such as you who are unaffiliated with SHAREHOLDER ALERTS, and the user providing each such Communication is solely responsible for the content thereof. This means that you, and not SHAREHOLDER ALERTS, are entirely responsible for all Communications that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit to or via the Service. In using the Service or receiving e-mail messages from members through the Service, you should not assume that such messages have been reviewed by SHAREHOLDER ALERTS, that such Communications contain correct information, or that the persons posting such Communications have accurately identified themselves and/or their affiliation with any third party. SHAREHOLDER ALERTS neither endorses nor is responsible for any opinion, advice, information or statements made in the Communications by third parties. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Communications that are offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SHAREHOLDER ALERTS be liable in any way for any Communication, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Communication, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Communication posted, e-mailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Service. The opinions expressed in the Communications reflect solely the opinions of the individuals who submitted such opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of SHAREHOLDER ALERTS.
(5) Personal Safety
When using the Service, please be certain that anything you say does not compromise your personal safety. Do not provide your name, phone number, postal or e-mail address, your password, or any other personally identifying information to people you do not know. Do not continue any conversation online that makes you feel uncomfortable. Please note that SHAREHOLDER ALERTS has no control over, and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through any Communication or any other part of the Service. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available on the Service, you do so at your own risk.
Blogs on the Service may permit registered users to submit comments to the blogs. SHAREHOLDER ALERTS staff, in their sole discretion, may review, edit and shorten the submitted comments. SHAREHOLDER ALERTS staff, in their sole discretion may select certain comments to post. Blog comments may include one or more of the following: your screen name, first name, last name initial and state. In some instances we may ask registered users how they would like to be identified in a blog comment.
By making a comment to a blog, you are representing and warranting 1) that you are at least 18 years old and 2) that your comment does not violate the rights of any other person or entity. You will not receive any compensation for your comment or for granting any of these rights. SHAREHOLDER ALERTS is not obligated to use your comment.